Ecuador & Galapagos Islands Tours
The country of Ecuador (including mainland and the Galapagos) is one of just 17 countries identified as being megadiverse. These megadiverse countries contain the majority of Earth’s species. Travelers to Ecuador can expect to see huge varieties of plant and animal species.
Ecuador is also famous for it’s culture, food, and local hospitality.
Ecuador is divided into four regions: Coast (Guayaquil and Salinas), Sierra (Andean region, including Quito, Cuenca, Otavalo), Amazon, and Galapagos. With Red Mangrove you can visit them all.
Mainland Ecuador has three principal cities:
- The largest is Guayaquil: home to Ecuador’s main port
- The capital is Quito: declared a World Heritage Site in 1978
- The third largest is Cuenca: declared a World Heritage Site in 1999
Both Quito and Guayaquil have modern, international airports.
Mainland Ecuador Tours
In addition to Galapagos tours, we also offer mainland Ecuador tours, exploring areas such Quito, Guayaquil, Cuenca, and the Amazon jungle.
Visit our Ecuador Travel Photo Gallery
Here are the four primary areas of mainland Ecuador:
- Quito: Some of the areas you can visit from Quito include: Otavalo, Cuicocha Crater Lake, Cotopaxi National Park and the city of Quito.
- Guayaquil: This coastal city is located on the Guayas River and is near many beautiful beaches. You can visit cacao and banana plantations, Iguana Park, Malecon 2000, and Salinas on this tour.
- Cuenca: This Andean city was declared a World Heritage Site in 1999 as a well preserved Spanish-style colonial city. Visit the Incan ruins of Ingapirca, hike to a waterfall, go horseback riding, and learn how to milk a cow. Take a city tour and visit Cañari Indian markets.
- Amazon: Choose from two Amazon adventures where you can zipline across the rainforest canopy and encounter jungle wildlife.
Galapagos Islands Tours
The Galapagos Islands archipelago are made up of 18 main islands (with a land area of 1 square kilometer or more), 3 smaller island and 107 rocks and islets. The islands are rich with both animal and plant life.
On land, you can expect to see giant land tortoises, land and marine iguanas, blue-footed boobies, sea lions, waved albatrosses, great frigate birds, sally lightfoot crabs, flamingos, Galapagos penguins and much more.
While snorkeling / diving the Galapagos, you can expect to see: Galapagos sharks, black and white tipped reef sharks, sea turtles, sea lions, stingrays, eagle rays, golden rays, hammerhead sharks, and thousands of fish.
We offer many different Galapagos Islands tours. Here’s how you can explore the enchanted islands:
- Darwin’s Footprint: choose from four different tours, ranging from 4-8 days, visiting two islands.
- Diving Adventures: experience Galapagos diving with tours ranging from 3-8 days.
- Pre or Post Cruise Packages: explore Santa Cruz Island before or after your cruise with this 3 day / 2 night package.
Ready to get started? Contact us today to start planning your Galapagos adventure!
See more photos in our Galapagos Vacation Gallery
Read more about the Galapagos on Wikipedia.