See all available tour packages
Going on or jumping off a cruise? This is the perfect program for you!
Discover Puerto Ayora on your own: walk, bike, go shopping or simply relax and enjoy the views from our deck. Activities are combined in such a way so that you will experience the best of nature for your relaxation and enjoyment.
During your vacation in the Galapagos do a day of scuba diving with your land tour package. If you are not certified, ask about Discover Scuba Diving or our PADI courses to explore the underwater realm and get the very most out of your Galapagos tour!
Pre / Post Cruise Package (3 Days)
- Walk among giant Galapagos Tortoises
- Explore lava tunnels
- Hike Los Gemelos
- Tortuga Bay
- Charles Darwin Research Station
- DAY 1:
Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerWelcome to the Galapagos! Before lunch, you can relax on the deck of the Aventura Lodge and watch the sea lions and marine iguanas.After lunch, you’ll take your first excursion to Los Gemelos (The Twins), two enormous collapsed lava chambers. This is a wonderful introduction to the majestic power of the forces of nature and the great biodiversity of the Santa Cruz Highlands. This short, easy hike to each of the twins is swarming with endemic flora and fauna. You’ll see a remnant of a Scalesia Forest, draped in liverwort, lichens and mosses. It’s easy to spot some Darwin finches and perhaps the short eared owls.After Los Gemelos, a short bus ride will take you to a 600-acre private tortoise reserve. Here the giant Galapagos tortoises freely roam, graze and sleep. Sometimes it’s a bit muddy here, so before setting out, you can put on some rubber field boots (Wellington boots). We have a selection of sizes, including large sizes for men.
- Walking among the giant tortoises in the wild may be one of the your most treasured moments.After visiting these prehistoric creatures in their natural habitat, we’ll go to the entrance of a 450-meter (1350 feet) illuminated lava tunnel. With a ceiling nearly 20 feet high, this is an incredible opportunity see lava stalagmites, stalactites, sulfur, and mineral-colored walls. Even the rippled floor was formed by lava.
- DAY 2: Tortuga Bay, Charles Darwin Research Station
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
AM: Take a walk to Tortuga Bay, through a path that merges with a giant Opuntia and Candelabra cactus forest, home to numerous Darwin finches, mockingbirds, yellow warblers, lava lizards and many more of the Galápagos endemic and native species.As you enter the white sandy beach, you will have a chance to observe different marine species, like sting rays and baby reef sharks in the shallow waters of the mangrove ecosystems. After swimming on the beach, take a very short hike to the marine iguana nesting site. The walk back is through a prickly pear forest carpeted in crimson sesuvium with black lava outcroppings, this area is home to more marine iguana colonies.
Short boat ride to the Lodge.
Lunch at Aventura Lodge.
PM: Enjoy a guided tour to the fascinating Charles Darwin Research Station where you can learn about one of the most successful reptile breeding programs in the world.Founded in 1964 the Charles Darwin Research Station is supported by over 100 scientists and researchers from around the world, with the unique purpose to study, support and instrument the conservation efforts of the islands.
- Day 3: Early departure for your flight back to mainland. Breakfast
|Accommodation||Single / Person||Double / Person||Triple / Person|
|Suite – Ocean View||$ 1,589||$ 1,219||$ 1,099|
|Superior||$ 1,449||$ 1,109||$ 999|
|Standard – Mangrove View||$ 1,319||$ 1,009||$ 909|
- Included: Accommodations in the Red Mangrove Lodges. All meals as listed (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner), soft drinks during meals. Guided tours as listed, Inter island transportation. All diving and snorkel gear, bilingual Galapagos naturalist guide, 10% Service Charge as per Ecuadorian Law.
- Not included: Flights to and from Galapagos, entrance fee to Galapagos National Park ($100 USD must be paid in cash in Galapagos airport), Galapagos transit card ($20 USD (must be paid in cash in mainland airport), tips, alcoholic beverages. Transfer in and out.
Note: This itinerary is subject to change without notice due to seasonal changes, weather conditions, and Galapagos National Park regulations.